Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cool Dad: Liam Gallagher


Sometimes what you say about something is more important than the something. That is so true for Liam Gallagher! When he announced this week that he's launching his own clothing line, he said, "I'm doing it cuz [sic] there's a lack of stuff out there of the things I would wear." He's always seemed, style-wise, like a pretty nondescript 60's-inspired 90's bro, but still -- he's such a quotable/incendiary that we can't help but be curious. What will all these parkas, tracksuits, and denim (dunno really what the line will contain, just guessing) look like? Perhaps what he's saying here is that he's filling a void. A void of clothes marketed at COOL DADS.

I'm curious about fatherhood, but Liam Gallagher's in particular. He's got 3 kids via 3 different women and a relatively tangled mass of affairs and marriages. His daughter with Lisa Moorish, for example, was conceived 2 months after he married Patsy Kensit. Patsy later said she cried every day of their marriage and she also changed her tattoo of Liam's name to Lennon, her son by him.

I saw an amazing Hello Magazine spread of Lisa Moorish at her country home with her two kids (Molly, by Gallagher, and Astile, by PETE DOHERTY, why not?!) which was so awkward, showcased how ADD and developmentally challenged these kids are, and featured quotes like, "I'm so mad I have a reputation for being a party girl; I've been sober for 3 years [Molly's 11, Astile's 6]." Here's lil' Astile with his dad:



That's not to say Liam isn't a good father. He's said a lot of great things about it, like:
- "I'm the bullocks at being a dad. I'm top."
- "I didn't always want to be a dad. Just wanted to get off my tits and do music but once you get your missus pregnant, you've got to step up to the plate."
- "The kids are just the bullocks. I enjoy their company more than some idiot in a band or some actor. That's how I've changed."

Gonna predict his next quote. "Here's my clothes line, like it or f**k off." Cool dads have something to teach us. This is an attitude we can live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment