Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Pursuit of David Brookiness

Happiness is a journey and not a destination, as the old saying goes. Not so fast, spake Zara(david brooks)thustra! According to recent research on the subject and Mr. Brooks's column this week, happiness is determined by pretty much one thing: meaningful relationships. With your partner, friends, neighbors, whoever. That's it. You don't even need worldly success!

I consume so much glossy imagery (I owe it all to you, the fashion/style/model/pretty girl blogs clogging up my Google Reader!) that my ideas on 'fulfillment' feel a little skewed in one way or the other recently.

What is happiness if not an 'up for anything' personality and unlimited access to cute outfits and a little boater hat?



And couldn't one argue that happiness is just a lazy day of sailing with friends who are not only related to celebrities but also share a love of fine literature and film?



I've also considered that an exotic trip could be the tipping point into deeper levels of enlightenment.



Well anyway, I'm all straightened out now. Thanks, Mr. Brooks.

In related philosophical ponderings, can animals be gay?

No comments:

Post a Comment